Crispy Noodles with Mushrooms and Ham
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chinese egg noodles/Chow mein noodles||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Dried chinese mushrooms||6 Large, soaked in warm water and sliced|
|Cooked ham||8 Ounce, shredded (225 Gram)|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed and shredded|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 Pint (1.15 Liters)|
1. Place noodles in a medium pan and pour boiling water over them.
2. Add salt, cover with lid, reduce flame and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or till noodles are tender but not over cooked.
3. Using a strainer, drain off excess water and keep cooked noodles on a plate, pressing them gently into a round shape. Keep aside.
4. In a wok, heat oil and butter
5. Once hot, add ham, mushrooms and spring onions. Mix well and sautÃ© on a medium flame for few minutes. Using a perforated/ slotted spoon, remove contents on to a plate and keep aside.
6. In the same wok, gently transfer rounded noodles and fry on a high flame till crisp and golden brown in colour on both sides.
7. Transfer crisp noodles on to a flat presentation platter, top with stir fried ham and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2644 Calories from Fat 1138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g196.9%
Saturated Fat 53.7 g268.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 651.6 mg217.2%
Sodium 616.8 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 264 g88%
Dietary Fiber 17.2 g69%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 107 g213.8%
Vitamin A 72.5% Vitamin C 33.4%
Calcium 27.4% Iron 116.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet