Noodles with Cucumber
|Chinese egg noodles/Chow mein noodles||12 Ounce (350 gram)|
|Boiling water||2 Pint (1.15 liters)|
|Cucumber||1 Small, peeled and cut into thin strips|
|Green chillies||3 , seeded and finely chopped|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed and chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
1. Place noodles in a medium pan and pour boiling water over them.
2. Add salt, cover with lid, reduce flame and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or till noodles are tender but not over cooked.
3. Using a strainer, drain off excess water and keep cooked noodles aside.
4. In a wok, heat oil.
5. Once hot, add chillies, cucumber and spring onions. Mix well and sautÃ© on a medium flame for a minute.
6. Add garlic and sautÃ© for 1 more minute.
7. Add noodles and salt (if required) and toss gently.
8. Reduce flame, cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or till noodles are piping hot.
9. Transfer on to a deep bowl and serve immediately along with Chinese sauces.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1582 Calories from Fat 376
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 317.4 mg105.8%
Sodium 341.7 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 253 g84.4%
Dietary Fiber 15.4 g61.5%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 45 g89.9%
Vitamin A 52% Vitamin C 157.5%
Calcium 24.3% Iron 102.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet