Noodles With Cucumber
|Chinese egg noodles/Chow mein noodles||12 Ounce (350 gram)|
|Boiling water||2 Pint (1.15 liters)|
|Cucumber||1 Small, peeled and cut into thin strips|
|Green chillies||3 , seeded and finely chopped|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed and chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
1. Place noodles in a medium pan and pour boiling water over them.
2. Add salt, cover with lid, reduce flame and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or till noodles are tender but not over cooked.
3. Using a strainer, drain off excess water and keep cooked noodles aside.
4. In a wok, heat oil.
5. Once hot, add chillies, cucumber and spring onions. Mix well and sautÃ© on a medium flame for a minute.
6. Add garlic and sautÃ© for 1 more minute.
7. Add noodles and salt (if required) and toss gently.
8. Reduce flame, cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or till noodles are piping hot.
9. Transfer on to a deep bowl and serve immediately along with Chinese sauces.