Wonton Noodle Appetizer
|Sausage||12 Ounce (1 package)|
|Wonton wrappers||14 Ounce (1 package)|
|Green onions||3 , thinly sliced to make 1/2 cup|
|Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno pepper||6 Ounce, shredded to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Vegetable oil||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Thinly slice the onion and shred the cheese.
2) In a skillet, crumble sausage and cook over medium heat.
3) When sausage has partially cooked, mash the meat with the back of a fork to make smaller pieces.
4) Continue cooking until cooked through.
5) Drain the sausge meat thoroughly.
6) Fill center of each won ton with about 1 teaspoon sausage.
7) Top with 3 or 4 slices green onion and a small amount of cheese.
8) Moisten edges of wrapper with water.
9) Fold over diagonally to form a triangle and press edges firmly with a fork to seal.
10) Then moisten the two ends of the triangle and bring ends together overlapping about an inch; press tightly to seal.
11) These will resemble a large tortellini.
12) In a deep saucepan, heat the oil deep saucepan and cook won tons a few at a time.
13) They will quickly rise to the top and brown.
14) Turn and brown other side.
15) Remove and drain on paper towels.
16) Serve the wontons immediately as a finger food or place 3 won tons in center of a small serving plate.
17) Garnish center with large sprig of parsley.
18) Serve with salsa or spaghetti sauce, if desired.