Pork Goulash with Noodles
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lean pork cubes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Condensed onion soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Medium, cut in strips|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cooked noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, add flour, garlic salt and pepper. Mix well.
2) Take the pork cubes and dredge in the above mixture.
3) In a skillet, add shortening. Saute the pork cubes till they brown. Drain off the excess fat from the skillet.
4) Into the skillet, add in the condensed onion soup, water, tomatoes, green pepper, celery and thyme.
6) Add in any remaining spiced flour into the mixture.
7) Cover the skillet and cook on simmer for 1 hour or till the meat becomes tender. Keep stirring.
8) Take the lid of and continue to cook the mixture for 15 more minutes.
9) Serve the Pork Ghoulash over the noodles.
Calories 426 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 116.3 mg38.8%
Sodium 555.4 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 32 g64.4%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 28.6%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet