Swiss Tuna and Noodles
|Egg noodles||12 Ounce|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese/Swiss cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||12 1⁄4 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 6 1/8-Ounce Each)|
1. In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour and cook, over medium heat for about 1 minute.
2. Remove from heat; add milk and stir quickly to blend well and avoid forming lumps.
3. Return to heat and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until mixture is thick.
4. Add cheese, a small portion at a time, and stir well until melted.
5. Add tuna and let stand for a couple of minutes to heat through.
6. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
7. In a large serving platter, arrange the noodles and serve the mixture over the noodles.
To cook pasta properly, use plenty of water. A too-small pot and too little water encourage the pasta to clump and stick together, thus cooking unevenly. Using plenty of water helps to prevent pasta from sticking together by quickly washing away the exuded starch.
Calories 733 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.7%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 138.7 mg46.2%
Sodium 432.6 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 44 g87.8%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 24.1% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet