COUNTRY POT ROAST WITH NOODLES
|Beef blade-bone chuck roast||6 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Wide noodles||8 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Wipe roast with damp paper towels.
2. In a bowl, mix well salt, pepper and ¼ cup flour. Use it to coat roast.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil.
4. Add roast and let it roast well on all sides over a medium flame for about 20 minutes overall.
5. Add onion, celery and garlic and saute till it is golden in colour.
6. Add tomato juice, 1/4 cup water, Worcestershire and oregano. Bring it to a boil.
7. Reduce flame. Cover and let it simmer for 2 hours. Turn the meat once in between.
8. Add carrots. Let it simmer for a further 30 minutes or until meat and carrots are tender.
9. Meanwhile, cook noodles as per the package label directions.
10. Drain water.
11. Remove roast and carrots and transfer it to a heated serving platter.
12. Place noodles all around it. Keep it warm.
13. Pour pan drippings into a 2 cup measure.
14. Skim off fat and discard.
15. Add water to liquid to make 1 ½ cups.
16. Return to pan.
17. In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons flour with 2 tablespoons water till it is of a smooth consistency.
18. Stir into pan juices. Bring it to a boil while stirring it continuously.
19. Reduce flame, and let it simmer for a further 3 minutes.
20. Serve Country Pot Roast With Noodles with roast. This makes 6 servings.