Steak And Noodles
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Sirloin steak||2 Pound|
|Peanut oil/Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Carrots||4 Medium, cut in matchsticks|
|Celery ribs||3 , cut in matchsticks|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken bouillon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg noodles||12 Ounce (medium)|
|Water||3 Quart (boiling)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (optional)|
1) To prepare the marinade, in a bowl mix first 6 ingredients.
2) Store in a plastic bag.
3) Slice the steak into 1/4x 3 inch (6 x 75 mm) long strips. Use partially frozen meat for this.
4) Add it to the plastic bag and marinate for 20 minutes.
5) In a frying pan heat peanut oil.
6) Add garlic and stir.
7) Mix meat with the remaining marinade.
8) Fry the meat till brown for about 5 to 8 minutes.
9) Transfer the meat into a bowl.
10) Add carrots and celery.
11) Stir fry for 5 minutes.
12) In a cup measure water and add soy sauce, bouillon powder and cornstarch.
13) Mix thoroughly.
14) Pour the vegetables into it.
15) Add meat, boil the mixture and let it thicken.
16) Keep hot.
17) In a large saucepan boil water. Add noodles, cooking oil and second amount of salt and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
18) Drain out from water.
19) Transfer the back to pot.
20) Stir in the meat mixture and toss to mix. The noodles will turn brown.
21) To keep the noodles white, spoon meat mixture over center of noodles on platter or individual plates.