Turkey Noodle Bake
|Button mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Light cream||5 Tablespoon|
|Diced cooked turkey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Wipe and slice the mushrooms.
2) Cook the noodles in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes, till tender.
3) Drain the noodles thoroughly, reserving 2 1/2cups of the cooking water.
4) Preheat the oven to 350°.
5) Grease an 8 inch souffle dish.
6) In a bowl, blend the flour with a little of the measured cooking water.
7) In a saucepan, put rest of the measured cooking water, stir in blended flour, crumbled bouillon cube, salt, pepper and paprika.
8) Bring to a boil, stirring.
9) Reduce the heat and add the mushrooms.
10) Simmer for 10 minutes.
11) Remove pan from heat and stir in cream.
12) Spread half the drained noodles over the bottom of the souffle dish.
13) Arrange half the turkey over the noodles.
14) Cover with half the sauce.
15) Repeat the layers, finishing with sauce.
16) Scatter cheese over top.
17) Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
18) Bake for 30 minutes.
19) Serve turkey baked noodles with a hot soup.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1894 Calories from Fat 616
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g108.1%
Saturated Fat 38.7 g193.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 460.4 mg153.5%
Sodium 1839.3 mg76.6%
Total Carbohydrates 215 g71.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.4%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 98 g196%
Vitamin A 54.8% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 58.5% Iron 45.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet