Noodle Soup with Meat Balls
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beef broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Fine noodles||1⁄4 Pound (Chinese, If Available)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a skillet heat oil and sautÃ© onions, scallions and garlic until brown.
2) Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in soy sauce, sesame seeds, chili peppers and broth.
4) Cover and cook over low heat for 1 hour.
5) Add in the noodles and cook for 10 minutes more.
6) In a bowl, mix together the beef, onions, salt, pepper, ginger and sesame seeds.
7) Shape 1 tablespoon of mixture in walnut size balls.
8) Roll in the flour and dip in egg.
9) In a wok heat oil and brown the balls in it, drain on paper napkin.
10) In a bowl, beat egg white and water until frothy.
11) In a non-stick pan, make 2 omelettes with the egg white mixture.
12) Cut in narrow strips.
13) Serve the hot soup with meatballs and few shreds of egg white in centre.
Calories 968 Calories from Fat 680
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118%
Saturated Fat 17.7 g88.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 156.7 mg52.2%
Sodium 2420.2 mg100.8%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 35 g70.4%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 25.1%
Calcium 19.5% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet