Noodle Soup with Meat Balls
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beef broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Fine noodles||1⁄4 Pound (Chinese, If Available)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a skillet heat oil and sautÃ© onions, scallions and garlic until brown.
2) Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in soy sauce, sesame seeds, chili peppers and broth.
4) Cover and cook over low heat for 1 hour.
5) Add in the noodles and cook for 10 minutes more.
6) In a bowl, mix together the beef, onions, salt, pepper, ginger and sesame seeds.
7) Shape 1 tablespoon of mixture in walnut size balls.
8) Roll in the flour and dip in egg.
9) In a wok heat oil and brown the balls in it, drain on paper napkin.
10) In a bowl, beat egg white and water until frothy.
11) In a non-stick pan, make 2 omelettes with the egg white mixture.
12) Cut in narrow strips.
13) Serve the hot soup with meatballs and few shreds of egg white in centre.