Chicken and Noodles
|Fryer||3 1⁄2 Pound, disjointed|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onions||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Minced ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Medium egg noodles||1 Pound, cooked and drained|
1) Wash the chicken thoroughly, pat dry and rub with the saffron.
2) Grind the onions, garlic, ginger and chili peppers together into a paste.
3) In a pan with salted boiling water, cook the chicken over a low heat for 1 hour.
4) Remove the chicken from the pan, cut into small pieces and toss with the onion paste.
5) Allow the pan cooking stock to simmer until reduced to 2 cups.
6) In a deep skillet, saute the chicken mixture in the oil until browned.
7) Pour in the stock and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes.
8) In a bowl, mix the flour and coconut milk together, stir into the pan and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring continuously, until thickened.
9) Taste and adjust the seasoning, if required.
10) Spoon over the noodles and serve immediately with the chopped hard-cooked eggs, diced cucumbers and sliced scallions by the side.
Calories 1794 Calories from Fat 969
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169.7%
Saturated Fat 47.8 g238.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 392.9 mg131%
Sodium 1781.7 mg74.2%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.3%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 95 g190.4%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 33%
Calcium 14% Iron 49%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet