Baked Spicy Tofu With Bean Thread Noodles Corn And Mango
|Toasted sesame oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground fennel seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili paste||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Freshly squeezed lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft tofu||16 Ounce (Block, Or Firm, 1 Tofu)|
|Bean thread noodles||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sweet onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Ears of corn||2 Cup (32 tbs), kernels cut from the cob|
|Vegetable stock/1/2 cup purified water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon (Natural Such As Tamari)|
|Mangoes||2 , peeled, pitted, cubed|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), washed|
|Mint||1 Bunch (100 gm) (For Garnish)|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. In a small baking dish, whisk marinade ingredients.
3. Chop drained tofu into ½ inch cubes.
4. Add to marinade and using a spoon, turn gently for even coating. The tofu should be close to each other.
5. Place in the hot oven and bake for 15 minutes.
6. In hot water, soak bean thread noodles for 20 minutes. Strain excess water using a colander.
7. In a large saute pan, simmer corn and onions with vegetable stock for 3 minutes or until onions turn tender and corn become bright yellow.
8. Mix in mangoes, tofu, soy sauce, and juices from marinade. Sprinkle cilantro leaves.
9. Add bean thread noodles and toss for 2 minutes or until everything is evenly coated.
10. Nestle corn, tofu, and mango mixture atop cellophane noodles bed. Toss and serve Baked Spicy Tofu with Bean Thread Noodles Corn and Mango garnished with fresh mint sprigs.