Noodle Galettes With Basil Water And Tomatoes
|Pure olive oil||7 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 1 1/2 Teaspoons)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Celery root||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and coarsely chopped|
|Leeks||1⁄2 Pound, coarsely chopped (White And Tender Green Portions)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery ribs||4 , chopped|
|Parsnips||2 , chopped|
|Basil||1⁄2 Pound (2 Large Bunches)|
|Finely shredded basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Red tomato||1 Medium, peeled, seeded and diced|
|Yellow tomato||1 Medium, peeled, seeded and diced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, bring back to a boil and cook, stirring, until al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain in a colander and toss with 2 tablespoons of the pure olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. In a baking pan, shape the capellini into a 10-by-9-inch rectangle about 1/3-inch thick. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. In a large saucepan, combine the celery root, leeks, onion, celery and parsnips and 3 quarts of water. Simmer over low heat for 2 hours. Strain the broth into a clean saucepan and discard the solids. Boil the broth over high heat, skimming occasionally, until reduced to 2 cups, about 20 minutes. Add the basil bunches and remove from the heat.
Cover and let steep for 2 minutes. Strain and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the red and yellow tomato with the extra-virgin olive oil and shredded basil. Set aside.
4. Cut the chilled capellini into six 5-by-3-inch rectangles. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons pure olive oil over moderately high heat. Add the noodle galettes and fry until lightly browned and crisp, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Meanwhile, reheat the basil water, if necessary.
5. To serve, place a noodle galette in each of 6 large, shallow soup bowls. Place a spoonful of the tomato mixture on top of each galette and pour the hot basil water into each bowl. Serve hot.