Chicken and Green Noodles
|Hen||5 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped white onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Velveeta cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cream and mushroom soup||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chopped stuffed olives||1⁄2 Can (5 oz) (1 Small Jar)|
|Green egg noodles/Use white egg noodles||5 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a deep skillet, place the hen.
3) Add enough water to cover the hen. Then, add salt and pepper.
4) Simmer hen until tender.
5) Let it cool in the stock.
6) Remove the hen from stock, debone, and cut into small serving pieces.
7) According to directions given on the package, cook green noodles. Use chicken stock in stead of water. Drain well.
8) In a pan, heat 1/2 stick of margarine.
9) When hot, saute celery, onion and bell pepper until tender.
10) To this, add cheese, stirring until melted.
11) To the pan, gradually add soup, sliced mushrooms and olives.
12) In a lightly greased casserole, combine all the ingredients.
13) Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
14) Serve hot with mixed vegetable salad.
Calories 612 Calories from Fat 294
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.7%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175.4 mg58.5%
Sodium 939.6 mg39.2%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 55 g110%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet