Chinese Style Stir Fried Noodles
|Whole wheat egg noodles/Rich egg noodles / whole wheat spaghetti||10 Ounce (Store Bought / Homemade)|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled|
|Celery stalks||3 Medium, trimmed|
|Oriental sesame oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ginger root||1⁄4 Inch (1 In Number)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed (Large Clove)|
|Low sodium soy sauce/3 tablespoons regular soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mung bean sprouts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Green onions||4 , cut into 1 inch lengths|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tofu block||1⁄2 , drained, cut into 1-inch cubes|
1) In a large pot of salted boiling with 2 tablespoons oil,
boil the noodles for 4-7 minutes for fresh noodles or 8-14 minutes for dry noodles, until cooked. Drain and keep warm.
2) In a food processor bowl with a shredding disc, process the carrot until shredded.
3) In a processor bowl with a slicing disc, process the celery until sliced.
4) In a large skillet, stir-fry the carrots and celery in 2 tablespoons sesame oil over a medium heat for 1 minute.
5) In a processor bowl with a metal blade, process the ginger until finely grated, stir into the skillet and stir-fry for 1 minute.
6) Stir in the soy sauce, bean sprouts, green onions, brown sugar, tofu and rest of the sesame oil as required and cook until the tofu is thoroughly heated and the bean sprouts are just cooked.
7) Season to taste with the soy sauce.
8) Spoon over the warm cooked noodles and serve immediately