Chilled Sesame Noodles with Vegetables
|Scallions||6 , trimmed and sliced thin|
|Thin spaghetti/Linguine||1 Pound|
|Broccoli||1 1⁄4 Bunch (125 gm), separated, stems peeled and sliced|
|Sugar snap peas||1⁄2 Pound, strings removed|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Ginger root piece||2 Inch, peeled and finely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 , cored, seeded, and diced|
|Tamari/Low sodium soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a large bowl, place the scallions. Keep aside.
2) In a large pot, add slightly salted water and bring to a boil.
3) To this, and the pasta.
4) Three minutes before the pasta is cooked, add the broccoli to the same pot.
5) After two minutes, add the sugar snap peas.
6) After the pasta is cooked, drain it and the vegetables.
7) Cool under cold running water. (Ensure that the vegetables are properly cooled or, they will be overcooked.)
8) To the scallions, add the pasta and vegetables.
9) Toss the ingredients well.
10) In a medium-sized skillet, heat the peanut oil over medium-low heat.
11) To the hot oil, add the garlic and ginger.
12) Saute the ingredients, until they are soft, stirring often.
13) Add the red bell pepper, and saute it till it is almost tender.
14) To this, add the tamari or soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar.
15) Cook for 2 minutes.
16) Remove from the heat, and let the sauce cool well.
17) Pour the sauce over the pasta after it is cool.
18) To this, add the sesame oil.
19) Serve, seasoned with pepper.