Veal on Noodles
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Soft bread cubes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Veal cutlets||6 , cut in 5 inch squares, 1/4 inch thick|
|Pimiento||4 Ounce, cut in strips (1/2 Jar)|
|Eggs||2 , hard-cooked and thinly sliced|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Stewed tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Catelli noodles||12 Ounce (1 Package, Medium Or Broad)|
1) Combine 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup onion, cheese, bread cubes and 1/2 teaspoon each salt, oregano and pepper.
2) Spread on veal slices.
3) On top of each slice, place strips of pimiento and egg slices and then sprinkle with parsley.
4) With toothpicks, secure the veal rolls firmly.
5) In a frying pan, add the rest of the olive oil.
6) Place the veal rolls in hot oil and brown on all sides, turning over as required.
7) At the same time, carefully saute garlic and onion around the rolls.
8) Leave the garlic and onion mixture in the pan and transfer veal rolls alone to a platter.
9) Add the rest of the onion, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, sugar, pepper and water to the onion-garlic mixture. Mix well.
10) Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
11) Now, add veal rolls and simmer for 14 minutes longer.
12) Meanwhile, cook noodles according to the package directions.
13) Drain thoroughly and transfer to serving platter.
14) Cut veal rolls into half and place them on top of the noodles platter. Pour sauce on top before serving.
Calories 1154 Calories from Fat 562
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.3%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 223.1 mg74.4%
Sodium 1277.8 mg53.2%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 21.9 g
Protein 48 g95.7%
Vitamin A 45.9% Vitamin C 84%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet