|Butter/Margarine||5 Tablespoon, divided (1/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered|
|Medium egg noodles||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Fresh parsley/1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
1. In a pie plate, place the butter.
2. In the microwave, cook for 30 to 45 seconds at High to melt the butter
3. Add the almonds.
4. In the microwave, cook for 5 to 6 minutes at High, until light golden brown, stirring twice. Keep aside.
5. Cook the noodles.
6. In a 2 –quart casserole, place the cooked noodles and keep aside.
7. Add the almonds, Parmesan cheese, remaining 1/4 cup butter and the parsley and mix well.
8. In the microwave, cook for 2 to 3 minutes at Power 5 or Medium, until the butter melts and the dish is heated through, stirring once.
9. Serve hot.
Calories 534 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.5%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 115.1 mg38.4%
Sodium 122 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 16 g32.6%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet