Catalan Noodles With Seafood
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Parsley||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Tomatoes||3 , skinned|
|Tomatoes||3 , skinned, deseeded and chopped|
|Paprika||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Scorpion fish/Monkfish/halibut||12 Ounce, cut into pieces (375 Grams)|
|Raw king prawns||8 Ounce (In Their Shells, 250 Grams)|
|King prawns||8 Ounce|
|Fish stock||1 Liter|
|Rich fish stock||2 Pint (1.2 Liters)|
|Vermicelli/Spaghetti||9 Ounce, broken|
|Dried vermicelli/Spaghetti||9 Ounce, broken into short lengths (275 Grams)|
|Saffron threads||1 1⁄4 Pinch, crushed|
|Aioli||1 Tablespoon (Garlic Mayonnaise, Or As Needed)|
|Lemon wedges||2 (Or As Needed)|
1. In a mortar pound garlic cloves and parsley with a pestle.
2. In a deep wok or large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
3. Gently cook onions and tomatoes until they soften.
4. Add garlic and parsley mixture and paprika.
5. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add all the seafood and stir to coat.
7. Add the stock and bring the mixture to boil.
8. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
9. Spoon seafood from the wok and keep warm.
10. In a large wok or pan, heat remaining oil.
11. Add pasta and cook over a moderate heat until light golden brown.
12. Stir continuously and do not allow scorching.
13. Pour the remaining liquids from the wok onto the pasta.
14. Add saffron and bring to a boil.
15. Boil for 5 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the pasta is cooked and tender.
16. Spread cooked seafood on top.
17. Remove the wok from the heat.
18. Cover the wok with a thick cloth and leave for a couple of minutes.
19. Garnish with little parsley or serving from the wok and garlic mayonnaise.
20. Top with lemon wedges.
21. Serve immediately.