Chicken Cacciatore Over Noodles
|Skinless boneless chicken breast halves||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon, seasoned with salt and pepper (For Dusting)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced to make 1 tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, wiped clean with a damp cloth and halved or quartered if large|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned plum tomatoes||16 Ounce, chopped, juice reserved|
|Dried thyme/Rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth/Canned reduced sodium chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Boiled yolk free egg noodles||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Sprinkle flour over the chicken pieces to coat them.
2) Transfer into the strainer and shake to get rid of excess flour.
3) In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over moderate high heat until hot.
4) Place half the chicken and sauté it for 3 to 4 minutes till lightly browned on all sides.
5) With a slotted spoon transfer it to a bowl.
6) Follow the same process with remaining chicken.
7) Add onion and the garlic to skillet and cook over low heat for 5 minutes till onion is soft.
8) Add mushrooms, green pepper, and thyme or rosemary and mix. Cook for 5 minutes.
9) Pour wine, tomatoes and juice, tomato paste, and chicken broth and simmer mixture for 30 minutes till liquid is reduced by half.
10) Put the chicken to the pan and simmer for 3 minutes till chicken is just cooked.
11) Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
12) Serve a mound of yolk-free egg noodles.