Spicy Sesame Noodles
|Egg pasta||8 Ounce (Use Buckwheat Pasta Of The Same Quantity)|
|Sesame||2 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Rice vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Sesame paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Peanut butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Honey mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange/Tangerine||1⁄2 , freshly squeezed juice|
1) Cut the scallions into 2 1/2-inch pieces. Sliver to make "brushes."
2) Keep them in chilled water and put aside.
3) Mix the three oils in a separate vessel and reserve.
4) In a mixing bowl,combine vinegar, sesame paste, peanut butter, honey mustard, and soy sauce.
5) To the contents in the bowl,slowly add the oil mixture, whisking in a similar way as it is done in the case of mayonnaise.
6) Now add orange juice, salt and pepper and for a spicier dressing, add a few more drops of the hot oil. keep aside.
7) Cook pasta in a large kettle of boiling water according to directions on the package or as per taste.
8) Drain pasta in a colander and run cold water over it. Drain well.
9) In a large bowl,mix together noodles ,dressing, drained scallions, and sesame seeds and toss well to combine.
10) Chill for at least half an hour before serving.
Calories 664 Calories from Fat 408
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.4%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 580 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet