Sesame Butterfly Noodles
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Snow peas||4 Ounce, strings and stem ends removed|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butterfly noodles||12 Ounce, dried (Farfalle)|
|Dried farfalle||12 Ounce (Or Butterfly Noodles)|
|Peanut sauce||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Julienne the snow peas.
2) In boiling water, blanch the peas for 30 seconds.
3) Rinse them immediately under cold running water and drain well.
4) Allow a large pot of salted water to come to a boil.
5) Cook noodles in it along with peanut oil until the noodles are just tender and then drain well.
6) Rinse it under cold running water and drain again.
7) In a small, dry skillet, over medium heat, toast sesame seeds for 3 to 4 minutes, shaking the pan constantly, until golden brown and keep aside, when done.
8) In a bowl, put the noodles, tossing it with the peanut sauce.
9) Add salt and pepper to taste.
10) To a serving bowl, transfer the noodles and top with julienned snow peas and toasted sesame seeds.
11) Serve at once.
Calories 890 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.4%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 71.4 mg23.8%
Sodium 308.2 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 142 g47.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g43%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 25 g49.4%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 28.5%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet