Creamy Peas In Noodle Nests
|Noodles||4 Ounce (3 Cups Or Half Of An 8 Ounce Package)|
|Vegetable shortening||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Frozen peas||20 Ounce (2 Packages Of 10 Ounce Each)|
|Light cream/Table cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
1. In large saucepan cook noodles in boiling salted water for just 5 minutes such that they are not quite tender.
2. Drain, rinse under running cold water, drain again and in a large flat pan spread it out.
3. In deep heavy saucepan melt shortening to a depth of 2 inches at a heat of 375°.
4. Alternately use an electric fryer as per manufacturer's directions.
5. Make 8 equal-size portions out of the noodles, using a slotted spoon drop, one portion at a time, into hot fat.
6. With a spoon gather the noodles toward one side of pan as they come to the top and shape into a round.
7. If any bits tend to stick to spoon, push off with a fork.
8. With spoon hold for a few seconds such that firm enough to keep its shape.
9. When the noodles are golden-brown underneath, turn and fry such that they are brown on other side. Each noodle nest takes less than 2 minutes to cook.
10. Between each frying reheat fat to 375°.
11. Over paper toweling drain and in a heated oven keep warm.
12. As per label directions cook the peas, drain and pour cream over.
13. Season with butter or margarine and heat such that cream is bubbly.
14. On each serving plate place a noodle ring and spoon creamy peas over.
Instead of preparing the nests you could either make nests several hours ahead and reheat in slow oven [325°] for about 10 minutes before serving.