Gingered Soup With Cellophane Noodles
|Cellophane noodles||1 Ounce|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Green onions||2 , bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ground red pepper||1 Dash|
|Fresh pea pods/1/4 of a 6-ounce package frozen pea pods||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Crush the cellophane noodles so that they form 2- to 3-inch strands.
2. In a bowl, place the noodles.
3. Take a microwaveable bowl and pour the water in.
4. Place the bowl in the microwave. Do not cover.
3. In the microwave, boil water on 100 per cent power or High. It should take 4 to 6 minutes.
4. Take the bowl out of the microwave and pour the water over the noodles in the other bowl.
5. Let the noodles stand in the wtare for 5 minutes
6. Drain the noodles and keep aside.
7. In a large microwaveable casserole, place the chicken broth, mushrooms, carrot, green onions, soy sauce, gingerroot, lemon juice, garlic, and red pepper.
8. Mix everything well together.
9. Cover the casserole and place it in the microwave.
10. In the microwave, cook the vegetables on 100 per cent power or High for 6 to 9 minutes or till the carrots are just about tender.
11. Take the casserole out of the microwave and add the cellophane noodles and pea pods.
12. Mix everything well together again.
13. Cover the casserole and place it back in the microwave.
14. In the microwave, cook the mixture on High for 2 to 3 minutes more, till it is heated through, and the pea pods are just about tender.
15. Serve hot in soup bowls.