Egg Noodles with Chicken Cacciatore
|Fryer chicken||3 Pound|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Canned tomatoes||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling water||3 Quart|
|Medium egg noodles||8 Ounce|
1) With a knife cut chicken into serving pieces.
2) In a large skillet heat oil.
3) Place chicken on paper towels to soak excess moisture. Discard drippings.
4) In the skillet combine onion, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, tomato paste, sherry, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, pepper and marjoram and bring to boiling point.
5) Cook covered on reduced heat for 30 minutes.
6) Add chicken and cook covered for 20 minutes or till chicken is tender.
7) In a bowl add 1 tablespoon salt to boiling water.
8) Gently add noodles and boil and cook, stirring at times till done.
9) Drain in a strainer.
10) Serve chicken with noodles.