Noodles Al Sugo
|Fresh tomatoes/1 1/4 pints tinned tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Sugar||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme sprig/1 teaspoon dried marjoram / thyme||1 Large|
|Chopped chives/Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (A Little)|
|Grated cheese||6 Ounce|
1) In a thick pan, gently cover and cook the tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper and bay leaf for about 1 hour.
2) Blend the mixture in a blender or press through a sieve.
3) In a large saucepan with rapidly boiling salted water, cook the noodles for about 10 minutes and drain well.
4) In a pan, heat the tomato pulp alongwith the oil and marjoram, then mix in the noodles and coat well.
5) Spoon in a warm dish, garnish with the chives or parsley and serve immediately with the grated cheese.