Cold Stirred Noodles
|Soy sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chili oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thin egg noodles||1 Pound (Chinese-Style)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||2 Small, shredded|
|Bean sprouts||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Large, shredded (Thin Skinned Variety)|
|Radishes||1 Bunch (100 gm), shredded|
|Slivered barbecued pork||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or Matchstick Strips)|
|Green onions with tops||4 (Cut Into 2-Inch Slivers)|
|Thin cucumber slices||3 (For Garnish)|
1) Make 6-inch pieces out of noodles.
2) Follow package instructions and cook noodles for 2 to 3 minutes until al dente and drain.
3) Drain again after rinsing the cooked noodles under cold water.
4) In a medium bowl, mix noodles with 1 tablespoon sesame oil, stirring the noodles to coat lightly with the oil and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
5) To a saucepan of boiling water, add carrots and simmer for 30 seconds and drain well.
6) Drain the cooked carrots after rinsing under cold running water.
7) Do the same for bean sprouts.
8) To prepare dressing, take a small bowl and mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar and chili oil in it.
9) Take a large platter and place noodles on it, before serving.
10) Sprinkle with shredded cucumber, carrots, bean sprouts, radishes and barbecued pork (if desired) and top with onions.
11) Use cucumber slices for garnishing and serve hot with dressing.
Calories 815 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 133.3 mg44.4%
Sodium 1908.5 mg79.5%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.5%
Sugars 24.4 g
Protein 32 g64.2%
Vitamin A 121.4% Vitamin C 43.4%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 28.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet