Vegetable Noodle Casserole
|Tomato sauce||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cooked noodles||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Broccoli||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|String beans||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Basil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Crushed tomatoes||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
1) Prepare tomato sauce by combining sauce ingredients, blend them and keep it aside.
2) Wash all the vegetables and finely chop them.
3) Saute or steam the vegetables until almost tender.
4) In a large bowl, mix all the vegetables, noodles, tomato sauce and spices.
5) In a 9x13 casserole pan, pour the mixture and cover with foil.
6) For 30-45 minutes, bake the mixture in the oven at 375 degrees.
7) Serve the simply made but tasty and colourful dish that enhances any meal or serves practically as a meal in itself.
Calories 776 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 102.9 mg34.3%
Sodium 810.8 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.5%
Dietary Fiber 22.7 g90.7%
Sugars 29.4 g
Protein 31 g61.6%
Vitamin A 314.3% Vitamin C 182.7%
Calcium 28.9% Iron 63.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet