Chicken And Green Noodle Casserole
|Whole chicken breasts||3|
|Green noodles||10 Ounce (2 Packages, 5 Ounce Each)|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Divided)|
|Processed cheese spread||8 Ounce, cubed (1 Package)|
|Canned cream and mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Undiluted)|
|Pimiento stuffed olives||3 Ounce, sliced (1 Jar)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Crushed cheddar cheese crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Bite Size Crackers)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°.
2) Take some salted water and cook chicken in it for 25 to 30 minutes till they become soft.
3) Save the stock on draining.
4) Remove all the meat from the bones.
5) Cut the meat into bite-size pieces and keep aside.
6) Put noodles in the reserved stock and cook until tender; drain the excess liquid and keep aside.
7) Take 1/4 cup butter and sauté green pepper, onion, and celery in it until translucent.
8) Add cheese to this and stir constantly and cook until the cheese melts.
9) Pour in soup, olives, and mushrooms; stir and cook until bubbly.
10) Mix in chicken and noodles to this.
11) Take a greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish and spoon the mixture into it.
12) Make a mixture of the remaining 1/4 cup butter and cracker crumbs, stir well and sprinkle over the chicken mixture.
13) Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
14) Serve hot.