Pad Thai Noodles with Mushrooms
|Flat rice noodles/Rice vermicelli||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled, finely chopped|
|Egg||1 Medium, lightly beaten|
|Mixed mushrooms||8 Ounce, including shiitake, oyster, field, brown and wild mushrooms (225 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Thai fish sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Spring onions||2 , trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Bean sprout||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Chopped roasted peanuts||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain well and reserve.
2. Heat a wok or large frying pan. Add the oil and garlic. Fry until just golden. Add the egg and stir quickly to break it up.
3. Cook for a few seconds before adding the noodles and mushrooms. Scrape down the sides of the pan to ensure they mix with the egg and garlic.
4. Add the lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, cayenne pepper, spring onions and half of the beansprouts, stirring quickly all the time.
5. Cook over a high heat for a further 2-3 minutes until everything is heated through.
6. Turn on to a serving plate. Top with the remaining beansprouts. Garnish with the chopped peanuts and coriander and serve immediately.