Sesame Noodle Salad with Peanuts
|Egg noodles||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Carrots||2 , peeled and cut into fine julienne strips|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Celeriac||4 Ounce, peeled and cut into fine julienne strips (115 Gram)|
|Spring onions||6 , finely sliced|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 , drained and finely sliced|
|Bean sprouts||6 Ounce (175 Gram / 2 Cups)|
|Green chili||1 Small, chopped|
|Green chili||1 (For Garnish)|
|Sesame seeds||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Dark soy sauce||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Light soy sauce||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Clear honey||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Rice wine/Dry sherry||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Sesame oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, toss in the egg noodles and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Drain the noodles, refresh in cold water, then drain again.
3. Mix the noodles with all of the prepared vegetables.
4. For the dressing, combine the ingredients in a bowl, then toss into the vegetable mixture. Divide the salad among four plates.
5. Place the sesame seeds and peanuts on separate baking trays and bake for 5 minutes. Remove the sesame seeds and continue to cook the peanuts for 5 minutes more, or until browned.
6. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and peanuts over each portion and serve at once, garnished with chillies.