Thai Spicy Noodles
|Thai rice noodles||12 Ounce|
|Fish sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Hot red pepper flakes||4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), finely chopped|
|Boneless chicken breast/Thigh||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut in small pieces|
|Tofu square||1 Large, well drained and patted dry (extra firm)|
|Tiger shrimp||12 Large, shelled and deveined|
|Eggs||4 , lightly beaten|
|Ground peanuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Bean sprouts||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Scallions||4 , cut in 1/2-inch pieces|
|Chopped peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|English cucumber||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak rice noodles in cold water for 2 to 3 hours until soft, and drain just before use.
2. In a small bowl, mix together fish sauce, lime juice, tomato puree, sugar and pepper flakes. Set aside.
3. In a large wok over high heat, heat oil, cook garlic 3 minutes until brown. Add chicken, tofu and shrimp, and saute until lightly browned. Add eggs and continue to stir-fry.
4. Add drained noodles and fish-sauce mixture; continue to stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
5. Add peanuts, bean sprouts and scallions, and continue to stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped peanuts, lemon wedges, cucumber and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4544 Calories from Fat 2276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 259 g399.2%
Saturated Fat 39.2 g195.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 1630.4 mg543.5%
Sodium 8158.7 mg339.9%
Total Carbohydrates 255 g85%
Dietary Fiber 31.5 g126.1%
Sugars 103.4 g
Protein 324 g648.7%
Vitamin A 90.7% Vitamin C 273.8%
Calcium 108.6% Iron 132.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet