Lover S Nest
|Bean thread noodles||2 Ounce (56 Gram)|
|Oil||22 Milliliter (1 1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Fresh scallops||4 Ounce, sliced lengthwise|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Small, sliced|
|Green onion||1 , cut into 1 inch strips|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Wine||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Soup stock||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Cornstarch solution||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Milliliter)|
|Egg noodles||4 Ounce (112 Gram, Fresh Ones)|
|Ginger slice||1 , shredded|
|Chicken breast||4 Ounce, cut into 2 cm x 5 cm thin slices (112 Gram)|
|Baby corn||4 , sliced in half|
|Sliced zucchini||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Chinese black mushrooms||5 , soaked and halved|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Oyster flavored sauce||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Soup stock||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Oil||5 Cup (80 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. To make Female Lover's Nest: cut bean thread noodles into 1 1/2"-" (4 cm- 5 cm) long pieces; spread noodles evenly inside a strainer (6"-7" diameter) (15 cm-17 cm) and fit another strainer (same size) inside of the first to hold noodle nest. Deep-fry until noodles puff up and remove immediately. Do not allow noodles to brown.
2. To make Male Lover's Nest: Bring fresh noodles to a boil in a large pot of water and cook for 1 1/2 minutes; drain well. Spread noodles evenly into an oiled strainer (use same size strainer as above). Fit another oiled strainer into first strainer to hold noodles in nest shape. Deep-fry in hot oil over medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp. If nest sticks, tap handle of strainer lightly against edge of counter to loosen.
3. When both nests are made, place them at opposite ends of a platter, garnish with shredded lettuce, parsley or whatever you fancy. Use garnishes to support the nests in upright position.
4. To make Female Lover: Heat 1/2 tablespoon (7 ml) oil in wok over high heat. Add scallops and stir for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add sliced carrot, mushroom and green anion; stir for 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients except cornstarch. Cook for 1/2-2 minutes.
5. To make Male Lover: Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons (22 ml) oil in wok over high heat. Stir in ginger and cook for 10 seconds. Add chicken slices and stir-fry for about 1 1/2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except cornstarch, and cook for another 1 1/2 minutes. Thicken with cornstarch.