Egg Noodles With Mushrooms In Red Wine Sauce
|Fettuccine noodles||1 Pound (Alternately Called Flat Egg Noodles)|
|Dry mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Preferably Wild)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Crushed garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped bacon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Preferably Italian Pancetta)|
|White chopped mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pureed tomatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound (Canned Or Fresh)|
|Consomme||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Chicken Or Beef)|
1) Cook fettuccine in boiling water until firm to the bite (al dente).
Drain and set aside.
2) Soak mushrooms in 1 cup of hot water just until soft, approx 20 minutes.Drain.
3) In a pan, bring wine to a boil, add mushrooms, and cook for 2 minutes.Drain while reserving the wine.
4) Chop the mushrooms and keep aside.
5) In a large skillet, saute onions till light brown.
6) Add garlic and saute until light brown.
7) Add the bacon, white mushrooms along with above dry mushrooms and saute until mushrooms turn golden, approx.5 minutes.
8) Now add the consomme and pureed tomatoes along with the reserved red wine.
9) Simmer the mixture until thick, approx.30-40 minutes.
10) Finally, add pasta and toss well.
11) Serve immediately with garlic bread or wine.