Rice Noodle Nests With Poached Eggs
|Rice noodles||1 Pound|
|Baked ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Tomato paste||1⁄2 Can (5 oz)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
1. Parboil rice noodles until cooked through but still firm (about 8 minutes); then drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again. Separate noodles into 5 parts. Arrange each on a warm serving platter, in coils like a nest.
2. Meanwhile, separately mince ham and garlic. In a cup, combine tomato paste and water.
3. Poach eggs Carefully place egg in each noodle nest.
4. Heat oil. Add minced garlic and stir-fry a few times. Add minced ham, diluted tomato paste, sugar, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, to heat through and blend flavors (about 2 minutes).
5. Pour mixture over eggs; then sprinkle lightly with soy sauce and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2545 Calories from Fat 548
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g94.9%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1057.4 mg352.5%
Sodium 2946.7 mg122.8%
Total Carbohydrates 411 g137.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.1%
Sugars 21.9 g
Protein 79 g158.7%
Vitamin A 67.6% Vitamin C 54.3%
Calcium 27.7% Iron 68.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet