Rice Noodles With Stir Fried Pork And Vegetables
|Rice noodles||1 Pound|
|Pork||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chinese lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Parboil rice noodles until cooked through but still firm (about 8 minutes); then drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again.
2. Shred pork, bamboo shoots and lettuce. In a cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add pork and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (1 to 2 minutes). Add vegetables; stir-fry 1 minute more.
4. Add stock and heat quickly. Cook, covered, 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Keep warm.
5. Heat remaining oil in another pan. Add rice noodles and gently stir in to brown lightly. Transfer to a serving platter. Pour the pork mixture over and serve.