Stir Fried Pea Starch Noodles With Shrimp And Pork
|Dried chinese black mushrooms||6|
|Cellophane noodles||1 Pound|
|Lean pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Soak Mushrooms)|
1. Separately soak dried mushrooms and peastarch noodles. Reserve mushroom-soaking liquid.
2. Bring water to a boil. Add soaked noodles, bring to a boil again; then drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
3. Shell, devein and dice shrimp. Slice pork and soaked mushrooms then. Coarsely chop celery and onion.
4. Heat oil. Add onion and stir-fry until translucent. Add pork; stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (2 to 3 minutes).
5. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pinkish. Add sherry; stir-fry until it evaporates. Then sprinkle with soy sauce and pepper.
6. Add chopped celery and mushrooms; stir-fry another 2 minutes.
7. Add reserved mushroom liquid and noodles. Stir in gently to heat through; then serve.