|Semolina||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (do not subsitute)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and work with fingers until dough holds together and can be shaped into a ball. A few drops of water may be added, if necessary, but do not let dough get sticky.
2. Knead dough on a board until smooth and shiny. Cover and let rest 15 minutes. Divide dough into 4 portions. Roll out each portion into a paper-thin sheet.
3. Lay sheets on a linen cloth and allow to dry for 1 to 2 hours.
4. Loosely fold sheets over jelly-roll fashion. Cut strips no more than 1/4 inch wide. Holding in place, cut again at right angles, the same width, to make square noodles. Noodles may be cooked right away or dried.
5. To dry, transfer to a large tray, and spread on a linen surface for about 3 days, turning occasionally.
6. To cook, bring a large quantity of water, with salt and 2 tablespoons oil added, to a rolling boil. Add noodles and boil until they have doubled in size