Creamy Noodle Ring
|Broad noodles||1⁄4 Pound|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Dash|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Boil the noodles in three quarts salted water until barely tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
2. Meanwhile, butter an eight-and-one-half-inch ring mold. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended. Meanwhile, bring the cream to a boil and add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with the whisk. Season with salt and pepper. Cool slightly.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside. Beat the egg yolks until foamy, using the same beater.
5. Add the egg yolks to the cooled sauce. Add the drained noodles and carefully fold in the egg whites and then the parsley.
6. Turn into the buttered ring mold and set in a pan of hot water. Bake about thirty minutes. Unmold and fill the center with creamed mixtures or sweetbreads and ham in sherry.