Creamy Noodle Ring
|Broad noodles||1⁄4 Pound|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Dash|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Boil the noodles in three quarts salted water until barely tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
2. Meanwhile, butter an eight-and-one-half-inch ring mold. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended. Meanwhile, bring the cream to a boil and add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with the whisk. Season with salt and pepper. Cool slightly.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside. Beat the egg yolks until foamy, using the same beater.
5. Add the egg yolks to the cooled sauce. Add the drained noodles and carefully fold in the egg whites and then the parsley.
6. Turn into the buttered ring mold and set in a pan of hot water. Bake about thirty minutes. Unmold and fill the center with creamed mixtures or sweetbreads and ham in sherry.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1484 Calories from Fat 829
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.4%
Saturated Fat 52.6 g262.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1075.9 mg358.6%
Sodium 1413 mg58.9%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 46 g91.9%
Vitamin A 78.9% Vitamin C 17.9%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 31.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet