Whole Wheat Noodles
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Low fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Mix flour and salt. Add enough yogurt to make a stiff dough.
2. Knead the dough for about 3 minutes.
3. Heavily flour the counter top. Press dough out with hands.
4. Sprinkle more flour on top of dough and roll out with a floured rolling pin. IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THE DOUGH BE VERY THIN. Let rest 5 minutes.
5. Cut into 1/4 inch slices for noodles. Spread on paper and let dry until hard, about 3 hours.
6. Cook noodles by dropping them in boiling water or bouillon. Cook 10 to 15 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 803 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.6 mg4.5%
Sodium 652.4 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 157 g52.5%
Dietary Fiber 23.8 g95.2%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 39 g77.2%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 48% Iron 43.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet