Recipe Contest List
2007 Recipe, Cook-offs & Food Related Contests for both amateur cooks & professional chefs
Most of these contests have very good prizes, some up to $1,000,000 in cash for the grand prize winner. If you like to cook, and have an exceptional recipe, why not enter
- Click on the name of the Contest to enter or for more information
- Harmony Sweets Recipe Contests - Ongoing Monthly Contest
Various delicious prizes each month.
- Bays Quarterly Recipe Contest - Quarterly Recipe Contest
Enter Bays Quarterly Recipe Contest and you could win a $500 gift certificate to Williams-Sonoma.
- New England Regional Chili Cookoff - May 5, 2007
Sanctioned By: The International Chili Society
- Just Tomatoes Recipe Contest - Deadline: May 10, 2007
Recipe must include at least one cup of Just Tomatoes product.
Send us your tasty original recipes using Just Tomato's products and if you're a winner, we'll send you cash and free products! Two Grand Prize winners will receive $500 and two products a month for a year; two Second Place winners will receive $50 and 24 products within a year; and two Third Place winners will receive $25 and a one-time shippment of six products.
- All-Star Family Block Party Contest - Deadline: May 13, 2007
Win a block party for your neighborhood plus a cash prize of $5,000! In an effort to support those who make family-time a priority, the makers of Kingsford® Charcoal, KC Masterpiece® sauces, Hidden Valley® dressings and Glad® products, have partnered with TV Land to find families who share hidden talents, favorite pastimes or other common interests. Together, the foursome of backyard barbecue favorites will host the neighborhood block party, which will include a mouth-watering cookout, games and music.
The All-Star Family Block Party Contest asks families to explain their exceptional talents and favorite group activity in an essay of no more than 200 words. Entries will be judged based upon how well the family’s talents have brought them together, originality of the essay and the originality of the family’s talents. All entries must be accompanied by a family photo showcasing the family’s talents.
- World Chocolate Masters - May 19-20, 2007
The World Chocolate Masters is open for all creative chocolate professionals who are willing to show their talents to the world. They may be a confectionner, pastry chef, kitchen chef, chocolate instructor, consultant etc.
The U.S. National Selections for the World Chocolate Masters will take place May 19 -20th, 2007 in Chicago, Illinois at the French Pastry School. The theme for the 2007 Nationals is “National Myths and Legends.” Contestants will be challenged to create a large chocolate showpiece, a chocolate pastry, 2 different pralines and a chocolate dessert made with ingredients contained in a “Mystery Box” that will be provided. A professional jury will judge all creations on their creativity, taste and technical skills. The winner will be announced on Sunday, May 20, 2007 at a Cocktail Party hosted by the French Pastry School.
For more information and to receive an application, please send an email request to email@example.com or call Marilyn Hagstoz at 1-800-836-2626.
- Fruits & Veggies—More Matters™ Challenge - Deadline: May 31, 2007
Produce for Better Health Foundation Contest.
How do you get your family to eat fruits and veggies? Do you want to learn how to prepare healthier meals and snacks with more fruits and vegetables for you and your family, but need some help?
Enter your best recipe or tip that includes fruits and vegetables in the Fruits & Veggies—More Matters™ Challenge and win a weekend with the chefs from The Culinary Institute of America!
In 800 words or less, tell us your most original, practical and creative way of including MORE fruits and veggies.
2 Grand Prizes: Trip for four (4) to St. Helena, California to attend a “Parents and Kids in the Kitchen Class” at the Culinary Institute of America.
5 First Place Prizes: $100.00 gift certificate
50 State Prizes: $50.00 gift certificate
- Sweet Rewards Recipe Contest - Deadline: June 1, 2007
Sweet Rewards Recipe Contest for Canned Sweet Potatoes
The Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission knows that home cooks and food lovers across America cook up some amazing sweet potato dishes. Do you serve them up for breakfast? Or is a sweet potato soup more your style? The Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission encourages you to participate in the Sweet Rewards Recipe Contest for Canned Sweet Potatoes.
Entering is easy, and the rewards are sweet! Send us your best original recipe in one of these four categories (multiple entries from one individual are accepted):
· Breads & Breakfast
One winner from each of the four categories will be awarded $500 each. A fifth overall grand prize winner will win $1,000! So open up a can of Louisiana Sweet Potatoes, and send us your best recipe.
- Southern Living Cook-Off 2007 - Deadline: June 6, 2007
Southern Living wants you to cash in on your best recipe and win the $100,000 Grand Prize in America’s largest annual recipe contest.
Categories for the Southern Living Cook-Off 2007 include: Your Best Recipe; Quick Weeknight Favorites; Sweet Endings; Good For You; and Party Starters.
Fifteen finalists will be selected to compete for the $100,000 Grand Prize. Each category winner receives $10,000. All finalists will receive an all-expense-paid trip to Birmingham, Ala., for the Cook-Off Finals.
$100,000 Grand Prize
$10,000 Category Prizes
$1,000 Finalist Prizes
$500 Brand Prizes
- American Egg Board “Search for America’s Worst Cook” - Deadline: June 30
To help home cooks – whether whizzes or wannabes – learn the basics of egg cooking and prove that even a kitchen klutz can become an eggs-pert, the American Egg Board is launching “The Search for America’s Worst Cook” contest. Entering is easy – just visit www.AmericasWorstCook.com and tell us in an essay of 200 words or less why you or someone you know is in desperate need of basic cooking skills. In addition, video and/or photographs can be submitted but are not necessary for entry.
The winner of the contest will receive a free trip for two to New York City, where he or she will take cooking courses at the Institute of Culinary Education and take in the tastes and sights of one of the hottest culinary destinations in the world.
- Heinz Top This TV Challenge - Deadline: August 6, 2007
Heinz "Top This" TV contest challenges consumers to create the next great Heinz Ketchup TV commercial
Hungry for fame? For the first time, Heinz is spinning the bottle on consumers and giving them a chance to create their own TV commercials that celebrate their love affair with the thick, rich taste of America’s favorite ketchup.
Consumers may submit their 30-second TV commercials on TopThisTV.com
Prize: One grand prize winner will receive $57,000 (and a well-earned place in the 130-year history of a bona fide cultural icon), when the winning commercial airs on national TV in September. Additionally, four runner-up ads will air on national TV and the creators will each receive $5,700.
- I Love Walnuts! Recipe Contest - Deadline: August 10, 2007
Do you love walnuts? Do you have a favorite family recipe with walnuts that everyone loves? If so, then it’s time for you to enter the “I LOVE Walnuts!” Recipe Contest.
The “I LOVE Walnuts!” Recipe Contest is a national contest in search of the best walnut recipes in the United States. The California Walnut industry has partnered with Ellie Krieger, registered dietitian and celebrity food star, to search for the best walnut recipes and help you make your favorite dishes healthier. Recipes must contain at least 1 tablespoon of walnuts per serving.
There will be one (1) Grand Prize and five (5) Runners-Up Prizes awarded during the “I LOVE Walnuts!” Recipe Contest. In addition, there will be four (4) monthly prize drawings throughout the contest (24 randomly selected winners in all). Contestants who enter multiple recipes have a chance of winning multiple prizes.
Grand Prize: An all-expenses paid trip to New York City for two people to enjoy lunch with Ellie Krieger as well as a personal consulting session with Ellie.
Five (5) Runners-Up Prizes: “I LOVE Walnuts!” Custom KitchenAid® Mixer
Twenty-four (24) randomly selected winners will be awarded prizes throughout the contest.
- Peanut Advisory Board Foodservice Recipe Contest, Deadline: Dec 31, 2007
The contest is open to any foodservice operator, owner, chef, employee, educator or student 18 years or older.
Recipes must be original and previously unpublished. Each recipe must use at least 1/3 cup peanuts and/or peanut butter as an ingredient. A recipe can be entered in any of the 4 categories: Appetizer/Snack; Main Dish; Salad/Side Dish; Dessert.
Recipes will be judged on the basis of: taste/texture (50%); visual presentation/appearance (30%); originality (20%)
Prizes: One grand prize will be selected for a cash prize of $2,500.
One first prize of $1,000 will be awarded in each of the following 4 categories:
Appetizer/Snack; Main Dish; Salad/Side Dish; Dessert
Recent Past Deadlines:
- Aloutte® "Make Every Occasion Perfect" Recipe Contest: Deadline, May 1, 2007
- Country Woman Santa’s Favorite Cookies Contest - Deadline: May 1, 2007
- Home Bistro "Just Like Mom Used To Make" Recipe Contest Deadline: May 1, 2007
- 3rd Annual Cooking Light Ultimate Reader Recipe Contest - Deadline: April 30
- Near East “Share Your Savvy Creations” Recipe Contest - Deadline: April 30
- Morning, Noon & Night Recipe Contest - Deadline April 30, 2007
- “2007 Winning Taste Recipe Contest®” - Deadline: April 30, 2007
- 43rd Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest - Deadline: April 22, 2007
- “Chef Splendido” Talent Search - Deadline: April 20, 2007
- TXA 21 Flavor of Mesquite Food Contest - Deadline: April 20, 2007
- 2007 Golden Scoop Awards - Deadline: April 18, 2007
- "Rev Up Your Rice!" Recipe Contest - Deadline: April 15, 2007
- 2nd Annual Cavit Gourmet Pizza Classic - Deadline: April 15, 2007
- Healthy Heart Recipe Contest - Deadline: April 1, 2007
- Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt Search for the Seasoned Chef Recipe Contest - Deadline April 2, 2007
- National Beef Cook-Off® - Deadline: March 31, 2007
- Doctor Grandma's Recipe Contest And Drawing - Deadline March 31, 2007
- Recipe4Living Crock-Pot Recipe Contest - Deadline: March 31, 2007
- Cervena Plates Competition - Deadline: March 15, 2007
- United States Championship Cheese Contest - Deadline: March 7, 2007
- The 11th Annual National Cornbread Cook-Off - Deadline: March 2, 2007
- California Ripe Olive Otherworldly Olives Recipe Contest - Deadline: March 1
- Country Woman Dream Kitchens Contest - Deadline: March 1, 2007
- Country Woman Express Entrees Contest - Deadline: March 1, 2007
- SMITH' Cash Cow Cottage Cheese Recipe Contest! - Deadline: Feb 28, 2007
- MOM!MOM! Bean Recipe Contest - Deadline: February 28, 2007
- Gallo Family Vineyards Gold Medal Awards - Deadline: February 28, 2007
- Recipe4Living Recipe Photo Contest - Deadline: February 23, 2007
- California Date Chef Competition - Deadline: February 23, 2007
- 11th Annual Ice Fishing Contest -Glasgow, Montana, February 11, 2007
- Ore-Ida Better Together Breakfast Contest - Deadline: Jan 31, 2007
- Wisconsin ACF Culinary Challenges - Deadline: January 31, 2007
- Penn Cove Mussel Recipe Contest - Deadline January 31, 2007
- Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Best Reinvented Recipe Contest: - Deadline, Jan 15, 2007
- Peanut Recipe Contest - Deadline: January 1, 2007
- French's® "Instead of Breadcrumb's" Contest: Deadline, Dec 31, 2006
- Athen's Mini Fillo Shells Holiday Recipe Contest - Deadline: Dec 29, 2006
- IGA Hometown Holidays National Recipe Challenge - Deadline: Dec 18
- Baileys Original Irish Cream Drinkable Desserts Challenge - Deadline: Dec 16
- Better Recipes 2006 Annual Recipe Contest - Deadline: Dec 15
- Idea Hunt for Morning Commuter Beverage - Deadline: Dec 13, 2006
- Smucker’s Uncrustables “Say Cheese” Contest - Deadline: December 1, 2006
- Inspiration in a Can Recipe Contest - Deadline: Nov 30, 2006
- Steinfeld’s Sauerkraut Recipe Contest - Deadline: Nov 30, 2006
- Quaker® Oats “For Your Heartthrob” Recipe Contest - Deadline: November 22, 2006
- International Mullet Cook-Off - Deadline: November 18, 2006
- 5th Annual Jif Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest - Deadline: Nov 15
- Kids in the Kitchen Recipe Contest - Deadline: Nov 15, 2006
- Show Us Your Hungry Jack Family Contest - November 13, 2006
- Chefs.com Treasured Recipes Contest - Deadline: Nov 8, 2006
- Make it With Mushrooms Recipe Contest - Deadline - Oct 31, 2006
- Kitchen Disaster Story Contest - Deadline: October 31, 2006
- Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity A-Plus Lunches Contest Deadline: October 23, 2006
- Butterball "Shoot Your Own Commercial" Contest - Deadline: October 16, 2006
- The 47th National Chicken Cooking Contest Deadline - Oct 15
- Taste of Home Bountiful Harvest Recipe Contest - Deadline: Oct 15
- Palm Island Resort Annual Cooking Contest - Deadline: Oct 1
- Lawry's Tasty Traditions Recipe Contest - Deadline: Sept 30, 2006
- Rías Baixas Albariño Recipe Contest Deadline: Sept 30, 2006
- Smucker’s® Uncrustables® Taste & Tell Contest - Sept 30, 2006
- Sara Lee Sensational Sandwich Search - Deadline: Sept 29, 2006
- Better Recipes $500 Recipe Contest - Deadline: Sept 28, 2006
- Simply Manischewitz Cook-Off - Deadline: September 20, 2006
- Spice It Up Recipe Contest - Deadline: September 15, 2006
- California Olive Industry Recipe Contest - Deadline: Sept 1, 2006
- Lenexa Spinach Recipe Contest - Deadline: September 1, 2006
- Be Happy & Healthy® Cooking Contest - Deadline: Aug 31, 2006
- John Morrell "Get a Cut of the Cash" Recipe Contest - Deadline: Aug 31, 2006
- Create Your Way to a Weekend Getaway Contest - August 25
- Build a Better Burger ® Contest - Deadline: August 21, 2006
- Marzipandemonium! Small Indulgences Recipe Contest - Deadline: August 18, 2006
- Taste of Home "Cupcake Challenge" Recipe Contest - Deadline: August 15, 2006
- Beano's Healthy Recipe Contest - Deadline: August 15, 2006
- Light & Tasty “Bountiful Brunch Contest” Deadline: Aug 5, 2006
- Pudding Hollow Pudding Contest - Deadline - August 1, 2006
- National Oyster Cook-off Contest - Deadline: August 1, 2006
- Bulls-Eye "Can You go Pro" Contest - Deadline: July 31, 2006
- Cooking With Beer Challenge - Deadline: July 31, 2006
- Scotchgard™ Protector “Search for America’s Messiest Birthday Party” Deadline July 10
- Dole Frozen Fruit Recipe Contest - Deadline: June 30, 2006
- Entree to Munich - Sauerkraut Recipe Contest - June 30, 2006
- Southern Living Cook-Off 2006 - Deadline - June 7, 2006
- Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission's Recipe Contest for Canned Sweet Potatoes - 6/1/06
- The Most PAM-azing Griller 2006 Contest - Deadline: May 31
- Borden Cheese “Elsie’s Family Favorites Recipe Contest” - May 31
- Lender’s® Healthiest Bagel Contest - Deadline: May 31, 2006
- Gilroy Garlic Festival Recipe Contest & Cook-Off - Deadline: May 3
- Rice to the Rescue! Recipe Contest - Deadline: May 1, 2006
- Sunset Best of the West Recipe Contest - Deadline: May 1, 2006
- Country Woman Awesome Appetizers Recipe Contest - Deadline May 1, 2006
- Tillamook Homemade Macaroni And Cheese Recipe Contest - April, 2006
- CookingLight Ultimate Reader Recipe Contest - Deadline: April 30
- Gold Kist Farms Winning Taste Recipe Contest - Deadline: April 30
- Taste of Home 'Go Nuts' Recipe Contest - Deadline: April 15, 2006
- Share Your Holiday Breads Recipe Contest - Deadline, April 5
- Low Carb Recipe Contest - Deadline - April 1, 2006
- Cavit Gourmet Pizza Classic Recipe Contest - Deadline: March 31
- A Healthy Heritage Recipe Contest - Deadline, March 24, 2006
- Furmano's 'Get Your Sauce On' Recipe Contest - Deadline: March 10, 2006
- Country Woman 'Are You Partial to Pears' Recipe Contest - Deadline: March 1
- R.W. Knudsen's "Recipe Contest" - Deadline: March 1, 2006
- Spinach Recipe Contest - Deadline - February 28, 2006
- Green Bean Casserole Generation Gap Contest - Deadline: February 28, 2006
- Smucker’s Family Traditions Recipe and Essay Contest - Feb 18, 2006
- Meat Loaf & Meatballs Contest - Deadline February 15, 2006
- Trim Down with Turkey Contest - Deadline, February 5, 2006
- Mix it Up with Betty Cookie Mix Recipe Contest Deadline, Feb 1, 2006
- Martha White Cornbread Recipe Contest - Deadline, January 31
- Hershey's Cocoa Recipe Contest - Deadline: January 31, 2006
- Crisco Family Dinner Challenge - Deadline: January 31, 2006
- Copia’s Best Darn Chocolate Chip Cookie Contest Deadline Jan 18
- Savu Smoker Bag Recipe Contest - Deadline: January 10, 2006
- National Culinary Challenge, Senior Division -Deadline: January 9
- Better Recipes Annual Recipe Contest - Deadline: December 22
- "Stir the Pot with Harry" Recipe Contest - Deadline: December 15
- Cattlemen's "Best of the Barbecue Contest" Deadline: Dec. 15
- Stay Fit. Eat Right Recipe Contest! Deadline: November 30
- Jif® Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest - Nov. 15, 2005
- Kangaroo Sandwich Recipe Contest - Deadline: November 15
- Sweet Tomatoes Chili Cook-off! - Deadline - November 15
- American Food Fight™! - November 11, 2005
- Lavender Gourmet Holiday Recipe Contest - Deadline: October 31
- Pepin Heights' Cider Recipe Challenge - Deadline: October 21
- Palm Island 2nd Annual Cooking Contest - Deadline: Oct 1
- Mushroom Lover's Recipe Contest - Deadline: September 30
- The Sensational Deli Sandwich Contest - Deadline: Sept. 30
- "Sweet Art" Candy Contest - Deadline: September 28, 2005
- BBQ on the Bow Festival 2005 September 4, 2005 - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Quick N' Easy Cooking Contest - Deadline: September 1, 2005
- Philly "It's So Easy" Recipe Contest - Entry Deadline - August 31
- MiaGrill Company Made in America Recipe Contest - Deadline: Aug 31, 2005
- Lavender Gourmet Cooking Contest - Deadline: August 31
- Great Plains Bison-tennial Dutch Oven Cook-off August 28-29
- Dutch Oven Cook-off - - Contest on August 27, 2005 Kanab, Utah
- 2005 Build A Better Burger Contest - Entry Deadline - August 26
- GOHan New York Recipe Contest - Deadline - August 15, 2005
- 2005 Fresh Mushroom Soup Cook-Off - Deadline: August 15
- Bloody Mary Contest - August 13, 2005
- Tomato Recipe Contest - August 13, 2005
- Coast-To-Coast California Raisin Recipe Contest - Deadline July 31
- Lori Ann's House First Annual Recipe Contest Deadline: July 30
- “Crisco Measures of Success Essay Contest” Deadline: July 29
- Maine Lobster Festival Seafood Cooking Contest Deadline - July 18, 2005
- Kraft Healthy Living Recipe Contest - Deadline - July 15, 2005
- Furmano's Get Your Salad On Recipe Contest - Deadline: July 15, 2005
- Country Jam Cookoff Competition - Deadline: July 11, 2005, Beallsville, PA
- U.S. Championship Dutch Oven Cook Off - July 8, 2005, Salt Lake City, Utah
- TomatoFest® Professional Recipe Contest Entry Deadline - July 1, 2005
- TomatoFest® Amateur Recipe Contest Entry Deadline - July 1, 2005