|Nectarines||4 Large (Ripe Pieces)|
|Water||200 Milliliter (Around 1/3 Pint)|
|Dry vermouth||4 Tablespoon|
1. Nick the stalk end of each nectarine; plunge into a bowl of boiling water for 45 seconds, then slide off the skins.
2. Pare the skin from the lemon and cut into matchstick strips. Squeeze the lemon juice into a large bowl and fill up with iced water. Put the prepared nectarines into the lemon water.
3. Peel the orange thinly, removing all the pith; chop the flesh into pieces, discarding any pips. Cut the orange peel into matchstick strips.
4. Put the orange flesh into the liquidizer with the water and vermouth; blend until smooth.
5. Lift the nectarines out of the lemon water and drain.
6. Put the nectarines into a shallow dish and spoon over the prepared orange and vermouth sauce. Cover and chill for 2 hours. (No longer, otherwise the nectarines are likely to discolour.)
7. Sprinkle with the strips of lemon and orange peel and serve immediately.