Nectarine Pistachio Tart
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped pistachio nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cold butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ice water||5 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce, softened (Half Of An 8 Ounce Package)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sifted|
|Whipping cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Nectarines/Peaches, peeled and thinly sliced to make about 2 cups||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Peach preserves/Apricot preserves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped pistachio nuts||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, the 1/3 cup nuts, and granulated sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture till pieces are the size of small peas. Gradually add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to flour mixture, tossing with a fork till dry ingredients are moistened. Form dough into a ball. If necessary, cover dough with plastic wrap and chill 30 to 60 minutes or till dough is easy to handle.
2. On a lightly floured surface, flatten pastry dough slightly. Roll dough from center to edges, forming an 11- to 12-inch circle.
To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Then unroll the pastry onto a 9 1/2- to 10-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Ease the pastry into the tart pan, being careful not to stretch it. Fold edges in and press pastry against fluted sides of the tart pan.
3. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of foil. Bake in a 375° oven 10 minutes. Remove foil. Bake shell 8 to 10 minutes more or till golden. Completely cool shell in pan on a wire rack.
4. For the filling, in a medium mixing bowl beat together cream cheese and the powdered sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed till fluffy. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the whipping cream. In a small, chilled mixing bowl beat remaining whipping cream till soft peaks form; fold into cheese mixture. Spread filling into the cooled tart shell. Arrange the nectarine or the peach slices in a circular pattern, overlapping slices slightly, on top of the filling.
5. In a small saucepan combine peach or apricot preserves and honey; heat and stir just till melted. Press through sieve, discarding solids. Carefully brush or spoon the glaze over the nectarine or peach slices. Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts. Chill up to 1 hour. Gently remove side of the tart pan; carefully transfer the tart to a serving platter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2838 Calories from Fat 1430
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 164 g252.1%
Saturated Fat 82.7 g413.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 396.5 mg132.2%
Sodium 824.2 mg34.3%
Total Carbohydrates 311 g103.7%
Dietary Fiber 16.5 g65.9%
Sugars 184.5 g
Protein 40 g79.6%
Vitamin A 93.9% Vitamin C 32.4%
Calcium 29.8% Iron 57.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet