|Maple flavored syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh nectarines||4 , peeled, sliced|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
|Granulated sugar||6 Tablespoon|
Several days ahead:
1. In syrup, in skillet, simmer nectarine slices 5 or 6 minutes; drain; refrigerate.
2. In 4 individual 6-ounce glass casseroles, layer chilled nectarine slices with ice cream; freezer-wrap; freeze.
Early on day:
1. Preheat broiler 10 minutes, or as manufacturer directs.
2. Meanwhile, beat egg whites with salt until frothy; add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Spoon this meringue on top of casseroles, covering all edges. Place casseroles on cookie sheet.
3. Broil 2 or 3 minutes, or until meringue is golden. Freeze casseroles until 30 minutes before supper. Then move them to refrigerator until time to serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1795 Calories from Fat 479
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82%
Saturated Fat 32.6 g163.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.2 mg70.4%
Sodium 798.4 mg33.3%
Total Carbohydrates 310 g103.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 286.3 g
Protein 26 g52.6%
Vitamin A 40.5% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 72.7% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet