Mutton with Potatoes
Potatoes-250 grams, peeled, cubed and fried lightly
Dry coconut-1 small piece
Anise seeds-1/2 teaspoon
Coriander seeds- ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1 teaspoon
Coconut milk-3 cups thin and 1 cup thick
Salt - to taste
Chilli powder -to taste
Coriander leaves-Handful, chopped
1) Make a paste of chillies, garlic and ginger.
2) Coat mutton with turmeric and salt and keep it aside.
3) Lightly roast onions, coconut, cardamoms, anise and coriander seeds. Make a paste of these spices.
4) Take a wok and heat oil. Fry mutton until brown and then add thin coconut milk. Cook until mutton is almost done.
5) Now, add thick coconut milk, potatoes and ground coconut paste. Cook until the mutton is tender and gravy thickens.
6) Serve mutton with potatoes garnish with coriander leaves with chapatti.