Tournedos Of Mutton
|Milk||20 Milliliter (For Mashed Potatoes)|
|Butter||10 Gram (For Mashed Potatoes)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Fat||50 Gram (For Frying)|
1. Clean and cut the meat into neat round pieces about 1.75 cm. (3/4") thick and 7.5 cm. (3") in diameter.
2. Beat with a steak hammer. Season with pepper and salt and keep aside for a while.
3. Heat fat. Put in meat quickly, sear the outside of the meat. Lower flame and let it cook till meat is tender.
4. Boil and mash potatoes.
5. Fry slices of bread in fat.
6. Pipe a double line of mashed potato down the centre of a hot dish, in which the meat is to be served.
7. Place croutons of fried bread around and pipe roses of potato mixture between each. Decorate with a small sprigs of parsley.
8. Place a piece of meat on each crouton and pour hot brown sauce over, allowing some of it to soak into the fried bread.