Mutton Hot Pot
1. Wash and trim meat, cut into pieces.
2. Peel and slice onions.
3. Peel and cut potatoes into thin slices.
4. Put the onions, meat, seasoning and potatoes in a casserole in layers, ending with a thick layer of potatoes.
5. Add stock and cover with a greased paper.
6. Cook in a moderate oven for at least 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
7. Remove paper half an hour before removing from the oven. Dot with butter and let the potatoes brown.
8. Serve hot in the dish in which it is cooked with a table napkin pinned round.