Mustard Glazed Melange
|Canned apricot halves||1 Pound, unpeeled (1 can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/2 stick)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (firmly packed)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 Large, pared|
|Red pepper||1 Large|
|Snow pea pods||1⁄4 Pound, stemmed|
|Seedless green grapes||1⁄2 Pound (1 cup)|
1) Drain apricots and pour syrup into a 1-cup glass measuring cup mix it with water to make 1 cup. Keep aside apricots.
2) Take a small saucepan, mix apricot syrup, butter, brown sugar and mustards. Bring to a boil uncovered for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
3) Using a fluted cutter, slice carrots 1/4 inch thick diagonally.
4) Take a large skillet, and boil 2 cups water, add carrots, cover and cook for 4 minutes.
5) Remove and discard stem and seeds from pepper and cut in 1-inch pieces.
6) Fold pepper into carrots and boil, uncovered for a minute.
7) Add pea pods and cook, uncovered for a minute longer.
8) Drain the vegetables in colander and put them back to skillet.
9) Add the mustard glaze over vegetables in skillet and then add grapes and reserved apricots. Cook for a minute.
10) Using a slotted spoon and remove fruit and vegetables from glaze mixture.
11) Put half mixture in the center of roast and remaining on fruit and vegetables into serving dish.
12) Boil glaze and cook, uncovered, until thickened for about 5 minutes.
13) Put some hot glaze over fruit-vegetable mixture in crown roast and remaining glaze over fruit and vegetables in serving dish. And serve.