Braised Mustard Greens
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Shallots||2 Small, minced|
|Garlic clove||2 Small, finely minced|
|Chicken stock/Canned broth||2 Tablespoon, canned|
|Mustard greens||2 Pound, rinsed, with large stems removed (Fresh)|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Use a large flameproof casserole, to add oil and heat over moderate heat.
2) SautÃ© the onion, shallots and garlic for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
3) Pour in chicken stock to the casserole.
4) Place the the mustard greens on top of the onion.
5) Cover the casserole and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Occasionally turn the greens while cooking.
6) In a serving plate, transfer the preparation and season with lime juice, salt and pepper. Toss well and serve.
Calories 164 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 0.61 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.23 mg0.08%
Sodium 313.7 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 479.4% Vitamin C 275.5%
Calcium 25.5% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet