Beer Mustard Bread
|Active dry yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Package)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Flat beer||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), warmed to 105°-115°|
|Powdered milk||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon style mustard||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour/Bread flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. In a cup, dissolve active dry yeast and sugar in warm beer.
2. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes until frothy.
3. Grease a 9-inch loaf tin with oil or butter.
4. 20 minutes before baking, preheat the oven to 350°F.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 ½ cups flour with remaining ingredients.
6. Stir yeast starter into flour and mix quickly to bind.
7. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes with back of your palm, adding more flour if required until dough is soft smooth and pliable.
8. Make into a tight ball and place in an oiled bowl, turn it over to grease the surface.
9. Cover bowl with kitchen cloth and leave in a warm place for about 1 ½ hours to ferment until dough has doubled in volume.
10. Punch dough down to knock out air and knead it lightly.
11. Shape into a loaf and put in greased pan.
12. Cover pan loosely with cloth and set in warm area (near the preheating oven) to prove for another 45 minutes to 1 hour or until it rises above rim of tin.
13. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until crust is golden.
14. Remove, inverts on rack and let cool.
15. Slice and serve as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 925.3 mg38.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1.2% Iron 0.33%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet