Boiled Collard Turnip Greens Or Mustard Greens
|Collards/Turnip greens / mustard greens||2 Pound, prepared for cooking|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bacon drippings/Melted butter / margarine||2 Tablespoon|
1. Pick the leaves tearing them into bite-size pieces or finely chop.
2. Add leaves to a large saucepan. Pour in water and add salt.
3. Cover the pan with its lid and place on a medium low flame.
4. Allow the water to simmer and leaves to wilt and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes for turnip or mustard greens and 15-20 for collards.
5. Drain excess water and transfer leaves to a serving bowl.
6. Season with pepper and drizzle drippings or butter
7. Toss well using 2 large spoons or shake bowl to mix.
8. Serve the greens warm.